Foundations of Healing Touch Course Description
Foundations of Healing Touch, the first course of study for the Healing Beyond Borders HTI Healing Touch Certificate Program, begins with 18 continuing education contact hours of instruction, allowing persons with varying backgrounds to enter, acknowledge their previous learning and to further develop concepts and skills in energy-based therapy.
The theoretical concepts that underlie holistic healthcare practices are explored along with how these concepts relate to the core values which guide the practice of Healing Touch. Healing Touch techniques used in the etheric field are acquired along with an understanding of how these techniques interface with the human biofield.
The learner will be able to:
- Explore qualities and self-care needs of a Healing Touch Practitioner.
- Discuss the facets of Healing Touch and correlate techniques that support physical, mental, emotional, and/or spiritual healing.
- Demonstrate Healing Presence: the ability to remain grounded, present, and heart-centered.
- Describe personal perceptions of subtle energy/heart-centeredness.
- Apply the Healing Touch Framework to a variety of energy interventions.
- Evaluate the seven energy centers (chakras) and related energy layers that surround the body.
- Describe rationale with use of specific Healing Touch techniques.
- Discuss the Healing Beyond Borders Code of Ethics, Standards of Practice and Scope of Practice required of a beginning Healing Touch student.