Integrating Healing Touch into healthcare systems is an ongoing priority for Healing Beyond Borders, Educating and Certifying the Healing Touch® Lisa Anselme, RN, BLS, HN-BC, CHTP/I, is Healing Beyond Borders, Educating and Certifying the Healing Touch® Executive Director and Holistic Nurse Consultant for Integrative Health Care. She has written several articles on Integrative Health and has been quoted in several national and international news publications on the topic of Healing Touch and the healthcare system.
Healthcare Integration Booklet: If you are considering bringing Healing Touch into a medical facility, this booklet is your first step. It provides an overview of key aspects and documents that will help you converse with personnel at a health care facility.
This 35 page booklet includes the following documents and information:
- Information about health care consultations
- Overview of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) Therapies, federal legislation, third party reimbursement, foundation of and credentialing standard for Healing Touch
- Examples of Healing Touch Models of Integrative Care
- Hospital Based Volunteer Approaches
- Hospital Based Nursing Staff Approaches
- Outpatient Complementary Medicine Approach
- HTI Healing Touch Certificate Program
- Healing Touch Policy and Procedures
- Healing Beyond Borders Mission Statement, Purpose, Beliefs
- International Standards of Practice for Healing Touch Practitioners
- International Code of Ethics for Healing Touch Practitioners
- Statement of Scope of Practice
- Healing Touch Health Care Integration Bibliography
Lisa is Executive Director and Holistic Nurse Consultant for Integrative Health Care for Healing Beyond Borders. She is a Certified Healing Touch Practitioner and Instructor, Certified Holistic Nurse, Reiki Master/Teacher, and held certification as a Clinical Transplant Coordinator through 2002. She has over 18 years’ experience as a nurse clinical specialist within the nation's largest teaching hospital with an expertise in women and children's health, transplantation, and biomedical ethics.
Anselme has presented extensively to both professional and lay audiences on the topics of health care integration, energy therapies, and holistic consciousness and ethics. Formerly practicing in Iowa City, Iowa, Lisa maintains a full private practice in holistic nursing and bioenergy therapies in Lakewood, Colorado.