Those who complete certification have demonstrated that they have met competency in Healing Touch and abide by the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice of Healing Beyond Borders.
Only Healing Beyond Borders may award and renew the credential of Certified Healing Touch Practitioner (CHTP) or Certified Healing Touch Instructor (CHTI). The Certified Healing Touch Practitioner (CHTP) credential and Certified Healing Touch Instructor credential (CHTI) was originally created and awarded through the American Holistic Nurses Association in 1993. In 1996 the credential and the credentialing process was transferred to Healing Touch International, Inc., now doing business as Healing Beyond Borders.
Portfolio Credentialing Process
Freel (2014), in Healing Touch: Enhancing Life through Energy Therapy, describes a portfolio process as "an organized, purposeful, collection that permits open-ended, rather than single answer testing, allowing for individualized, reflective presentations. Reflection is a significant part of the portfolio process as it identifies the rationale for entries, growth, and achievement and illuminates creative thinking. The applicant's entries, documents, displays and examples of work tell the story of change, growth, and acquisition of skill competence as well as the ability to use energy in a therapeutic manner" (Byrne et al., 2007).
The nursing leaders of the autonomous Certification Board of Healing Beyond Borders hold advanced degrees. This ensures nursing oversight of the quality of education for our students and the competency of practitioners providing Healing Touch therapy.
Five reasons to become certified through Healing Beyond Borders
- Service: As a non-profit organization, our vision is one of service to ‘Spread Healing Light and Love, Creating Wholeness on Earth’.
- Widely Recognized: Healing Beyond Borders Healing Touch CHTP credential is recognized as a high standard of excellence and competency in this modality.
- Promote Your Business: As a CHTP, you can be listed in the Worldwide Healing Touch Directory on this website, and can list your CHTP credential on your business card.
- Confidence: You will practice under the supervision of an experienced Certified Healing Touch Practitioner. You will gain experience and knowledge giving you confidence using Healing Touch.
- Techniques: As a CHTP, you will learn techniques specific to pain, wound healing, headaches, anxiety, and many other needs and conditions. You will have access to professional development opportunities to enhance your training and practice.
- Going the Distance: You will have the satisfaction of knowing that you completed a program that required great effort and skill, and sets you apart as someone who is certified.
Practitioner Application Submission Dates
For practitioner certification, applications are accepted four times each year and should arrive in the Healing Beyond Borders office preceding the following submission deadlines:
January 15, April 15, July 15, and October 15
Practitioner Certification & Re-Certification
After completion of the fifth course of study, practitioners can apply for certification as a Certified Healing Touch Practitioner (CHTP) through Healing Beyond Borders.
- CHTP NEW Certification Application 2019
- CHTP RENEWAL Certification Application 2019
- Practitioner Solutions Packet
Instructor Certification & Re-Certification
Instructor Training courses are for those interested in teaching any of the five courses of study of the HTI Healing Touch Certificate Program.
- Instructor Solutions Packet
Looking for a Mentor? Here are the guidelines to get you started.